Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How soon should you wait to have children after you get married?

We're getting married Saturday and he has 5 kids, but I don't have any bioogical kids of my own. w have agreed to have at least one more but when I ask when he wants to try he just avoids a straight answer.How soon should you wait to have children after you get married?
LOL have a least one year to enjoy being together! Im not having children although I am getting married!How soon should you wait to have children after you get married?
I would say that it is all up to you and your hubby....but i would make sure he wants more kids before you get married. i have a sister that didn't talk to her husband about that before they got married, and now she finds out he doesn't want kids at all. It really is a good thing to talk about before marriage. After marriage, it all depends on when you and your hubby are ready. I personally think 2 years is a good time to wait, that way you get to spend a little time with your hubby before someone else is there taking up the alone time!
The man is probably actually petrified of having any more kids as he already has 5! Give it time....but I would say that if you want biological kids of your own, you may have ended up with the wrong man. As far as in general how long to wait after you get married...I think there is no set answer for that...people do when they are ready, whenever that may be...and then there's the occaisonally 'whoopsies' that occur - one or two of my friends got pregnant on their honeymoon.
wow congrats for the wedding.... I think your better off putting off a child for a lil while.. it could be that he's dealing with five already and not sure how to deal with another or it could be the finaces... but eighter way.... just take it slow.... on the new baby.....
My little angel was concieved on our honey moon, and the funny thing was we had been trying for a year and a half before we got married! strange huh
That is not something anyone can answer for you. You and your husband will need to talk about that together. That is something that you really should have resolved before you walk down the isle since that is a big part of a relationship. I hope you can work things out but no one here can help you with that :(. Good Luck.
That is a major bad sign when a man won't give you a straight answer. My gut feeling is that he has hoped you'll decide you don't want anymore. It's a good idea to wait until the whole who's gonna live where and moving in and honeymoon are over. If you've been living together, that's already done, except the honeymoon, so you could start right away if you can afford it i.e. his existing children are being well cared for. Does he have custody of his kids? Will they be living with you? You'd better be sure where you stand before you say I do or you could spend the next 15 years crying your eyes out for that baby, but not wanting to leave because of the vows and his children need you.
Well, I think at least a couple of years. My hubbie and I have been married 3 1/2 years, and no babies yet...it's been nice to have some time with him, alone. Not that children are a burden, but they change things, and you have to be sure that you are ready for them to change FOREVER. :) Good luck!
That is your decision as a couple alone. Consider his thoughts and your own feelings, but he has 5 children already to support and I hope GOD blesses all of your dreams.





Just a thought - imagine this....in heaven:





Can you imagine - Jacqueline Kennedy when she saw her son and his wife in heaven so young, said you're here too early but I left you millions to take care of your and your children. How many grandchildren do I have....and her son, John Kennedy


(John JOHN) said none, mom, we were waiting until we were really ready.


............when the couple were killed in the plane accident, this is what thought came to mind when they said how many hundreds of millions they were worth while they were alive....and I thought were very much in love.





It's not all about money, but what the two of your decide together, and both must feel comfortable. Enjoy the wedding.
You know it depends on your age etc on when it is right. I would give your marriage 2 years before starting a family. That way you know your marriage has a strong foundation. Having a baby is so hard and life changing you want to make sure you have a strong marriage too. So enjoy being a newlywed for now give it a year then feel him out again. If you are only going to have one don't rush it!! Have a wonderful wedding on SAT!!! Congrats!!
Might be a good idea to get use to each other and the 5 kids before you bring another one onboard
Wow, does he really want to have more? There really is no time set however once you have a baby, you and hubby time is limited. My husband and I have two kids and one on the way. Date nights are very rare (not even sure how this one came about...hahahaha). Congrats on the wedding but I would talk to him to make sure something is agreed between you ie. having kids period. Best of luck and God Bless.
I think that depends on you and your husband. I had 2 when I got married in June, now I'm just past 3 months pregnant. We didn't wait long. Maybe your husband has had really bad experiences with the woman or women that he was previously with and doesn't want anymore, or maybe he knows how hard it can be with an infant and wants to be selfish with you right now....which I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Honeymoon a little bit, then once that settles down, ask him again.
Maybe a year or so Dont be in a hurry OK!!
  • clinique
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment