Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am applying for a UK spouse visa. How early am I able to fill the form out online before I am married?

I want to fill the application out online so I can schedule my biometrics appointment. Not knowing when that appointment will be is hindering us from planning our honeymoon or when I will fly to the UK with my husband. Any suggestions? I was told I can fill it out before the wedding, but I am not sure how early? Then after I am married I will send it all in with the appropriate forms and I assume this would be when the actual application process starts?I am applying for a UK spouse visa. How early am I able to fill the form out online before I am married?
To clarify, are you getting married in the UK? If so, you will need to apply for a fiance visa, not a spouse visa.





If you are getting married elsewhere, your future husband (and maybe you too, depending on the country and your citizenship) will need a visa (from whichever country you are getting married in). This is usually called a marriage visitor visa or something of that nature. If you take this route, you will not be able to enter the UK until the spouse visa has been issued (can take up to 3 months).





But I have no idea whether you are able to fill in the application before you actually get married.I am applying for a UK spouse visa. How early am I able to fill the form out online before I am married?
You cannot apply for a spouse visa until AFTER your wedding. Hence the name SPOUSE visa. You are not married yet so any questions you answers on the visa pertaining to your wedding would be a lie.





The process starts the second the application is filed out. You schedule your biometrics after the appointment. Appointments are available as soon as the next day ( in my case it was ) and some take months. Once biometrics are completed, you have 14 days to send in all the appropriate documents including the visa application itself. Again, let me repeat... YOU DO NOT FILL OUT THE APPLICATION BEFORE THE MARRIAGE.





The whole process should be painless. My visa was issued the same exact day it was sent to the consulate. The longest part of the process was waiting for my husband to mail me his bank statements, which took a week. Other than that, I had my visa pronto. You need to make sure you follow the process correctly in order for it to be issued. You cannot fill out an application for a married woman, when you arent married.
You file for a fiance visa before you are married.


A spousal visa is for after you are married.





Not sure which country you are from, but if you are in America, then it takes less than 3 months for visa's to the UK to be processed.


Belle

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information. 中美treaty 5000豁免

    ReplyDelete