Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do I go about depositing a large check in my maiden name, into my new account that is in my married?

Can't I just write '; for deposit only';? I just don't want to screw up the relationship with the new bank.How do I go about depositing a large check in my maiden name, into my new account that is in my married?
sign and deposit...bank will wait for it to clear before they let you have any cash.How do I go about depositing a large check in my maiden name, into my new account that is in my married?
Sign the check with your maiden name and then directly below it, sign your married name.
I was married 2 years ago and still occasionally get things in my maiden name. I had a copy of my marriage license put on file at the bank, and have it set up so that if I get something in my maiden name, I let them know, and then I sign both names on the back of the check (like I'm signing it over to my married self).





They get this stuff all the time, don't worry-- just go in and explain and have the paperwork they need and you'll have no problem.
first of all I would sign the back of the check your maiden name and then sign it again your married name and then let the teller know that you are just depositing the check atleast that way you have the names both covered and you are depositing the check so you can just wait for the funds to clear and you could always ask the teller too she or he should know.
i would deposit it, i don't think i would go through the drive up, go into the bank and tell them you just got married and received a check with your maiden name on it, they will more then likely ask for some id, they might hold the check to make sure it clears it just depends on the bank you are with
  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment