Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My husband and I want to have a non religious ceremony do we need a government official if were married alreay?

My husband and I are already married, we just did it quickly in a courthouse. We arent religious at all, and we want to have a wedding ceremony next June on a beach. Do we need an official government person to conduct the ceremony, or can a family friend do it?My husband and I want to have a non religious ceremony do we need a government official if were married alreay?
There is nothing legally binding about your second ceremony since you are already legally married, so you can have anyone you choose conduct a 'ceremony'.My husband and I want to have a non religious ceremony do we need a government official if were married alreay?
Since you are already married, you already had your wedding. The courthouse wedding is every bit as real and valid as if it were held elsewhere. A government official will not allow you to waste their time because you are already married and thus do not need their services and you have already signed the legal paperwork so there is nothing left for them to do. A courthouse wedding is non-religious by nature because they are not allowed by law to include religion of any kind. If you wanted to get married on the beach, you should not have gone to the courthouse first. It's a renewal of vows, not a wedding, so anyone you want (family or friend) can perform the ceremony. But don't lie to your guests and say this is your ';real'; wedding and that you aren't already married, because you are.
I just did the same thing, as a matter of fact, yesterday. My husband and I are have a ceremony for my family and friends that couldn't be there to witness my actual marriage. I am just going to have my uncle do the ceremony. Like everyone else said you are already married. All paper work is final. Just have someone help you do more personalized vows instead of the standard vows that you did at the court house.
If you are already legally married, then anyone can serve as officiant for your non-religious ceremony.





I am sure your family friend will do a fine job.





Here is a non-religious ceremony as an example:


http://ejcampfield.com/NonReligiousWeddi鈥?/a>
Well, since you are already married and no official business needs to be conducted and no papers need to be filed, just about anyone will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment