Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is divorce a natural thing now and no longer something that married couples want to avoid at all cost?

I just believe that the most common reason for divorces, ';irreconcilable differences';, is a a very weak reason for a divorce or separation. I believe an unjust marriage can be annulled or violent spouses are a reason for separation....but ';differences';? We are all different anyway.Is divorce a natural thing now and no longer something that married couples want to avoid at all cost?
True.... I agree completely. Irreconcilable differences is about the stupidest phrase I have ever heard, in terms of divorce. Its a way to say ';I'm lazy, and don't want to bother with this anymore';.


I do not think divorce should be illegal, however states really do need to make divorces a LOT more difficult to get, that is for sure.


Marriage is difficult at times, however that doesn't mean you should just give up and walk away like nearly all of the divorcees do. You need to stick around, do whatever it takes (including becoming less selfish) to make it work. That is what your vows stated....but people don't follow their word these days, and given an easy out like irreconcilable differences just makes it even worse.Is divorce a natural thing now and no longer something that married couples want to avoid at all cost?
I think people divorce way to easily ...they go into a marriage , and then expect it to be a bed of roses...if they got married with the understanding that marriage is something that has to be worked on, every hour,every day, every week, every month, every year, they would stand a much better chance of the marriage working and working out for the very best.. . but if there is any abuse of any sort , then I think people should divorce and not waste years on a sick, unhealthy relationship.
Biblically marriage is meant for life;


if one partner hurts the other in any way, divorce is an option.


But the partner who wanted the divorce may not re-marry.





The only reason for divorce allowing to re-marry is adultery!


Of course, when one partner abuses the other and the other divorces him,


in case the abusive part marries again, the other is free also.





Best way to avoid all this is to heed biblical standards!
I agree. I think in the past few generations couples expect what they want in a marriage to just happen. Either that or they don't know what to expect in a marriage except for the honeymoon phase to last forever. I have given young brides and groom the advice that for a good marriage they must work for it. They look at me as if I were speaking a foreign language. I can almost see them thinking 'work hard, I didn't sign up for that and besides my marriage will be different,' I do not entirely agree with having only adultery or abuse as a legitimate reason for divorce. As an extreme example what if your spouse announced they were gay or wanted to have a sex change.
I couldn`t agree more! We`re all different, but we were different before marriage took place. So, If one can`t tolerate the other person`s differences, they should split and not get married.





I think there must be much, much more serious reason for a couple to get divorced.





But, nowadays, people get divorced at a glance, which I think is a bad thing. Kids, especially get hurt by their parents` separation and it affects their whole personality.






Before my divorce I would have agreed with you. I stayed with my abusive ex for 14 years. At the time I thought I was doing the right thing and this was forever and it was a couples duty to work it out.





Now I realize that life is to short. You have to be willing to work through some things ofcourse, you don't want to split up because of a differing in opinion. But if someone is living in your home and making life miserable you have options. I say thank god for divorce.
There is nothing natural about divorce. We all change as we get older and married couples should grow and change together. Unfortunately, we live in a disposable society. When something gets a little difficult, people just want to throw it away and start over.
i believe that today divorce is a natural thing, because people give up before working on the problems. some avoid divorce at any cost,but some will divorce at the drop of a hat, or when they meet some one new.
  • clinique
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment