Sunday, May 9, 2010

What would you do if your father or mother got married without telling you?

If one of your parents got married to a person they only knew for a month and then waited three weeks to tell you, what would you do?What would you do if your father or mother got married without telling you?
I think my feelings would be very hurt that they would do something so ';big'; and tell me after the fact.


In their defense, what this situation tells you is that they were afraid to tell you.


You didn't state your age or whether this was your Mom or your Dad, or if you have been close to the parent who did this. All of those factors make a difference.


At the end of the day they are still your family. They handled this badly.


Tell them it hurt you to leave you out. Try to be nice to the new step-parent (it wasn't their place to tell the new step kid)What would you do if your father or mother got married without telling you?
I'd be pretty pissed about it. Why would they lie or hide it? I'd make my opinions known and then I'd let it go eventually if that parent was a big part of my life.
I'd be pretty pissed.


Its messed up to get re-married without telling your own kids?
probably freak out and then tell them they need a brain check.

No comments:

Post a Comment