Monday, May 10, 2010

With SSI, if married and one spouse is disabled and the other isnt does the disabled spouse categorize as a ?

';couple'; or an ';individual'; in determining their supplement?With SSI, if married and one spouse is disabled and the other isnt does the disabled spouse categorize as a ?
I have social security disability income SSDI, and I only get 590 a month. I have a husband who works and because he makes money, I don't qualify for SSI. Without him, my income would be low enough to draw SSDI and SSI, but with him I don't get it. SSI is for people who don't make enough to cover their medical cost and support when they are disabled.. They also combine my social security and my husbands income and make me pay taxes on my social security because my husbands income takes us above the poverty line. You can get SSDI if you are disabled but SSI is supplemental if you don't get enough From SSDIWith SSI, if married and one spouse is disabled and the other isnt does the disabled spouse categorize as a ?
That is not the question. If the other spouse is working or not is important. Also is the SSI the amount of ';earned'; SSI or is it supplemental money also. If the person is getting their ';own'; money on SSI and no supplemental then they should continual to get the same money after they get married. If not and their spouse makes money the money will go down.
There is no such thing as a couple supplement. SSI is give to the person that is disabled. There are not other benefits given to a spouse or children.
  • clinique
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment