Sunday, January 17, 2010

How can I feel in love again after being married for four years?

Is there any way that one can feel in love again after being married for four years? I want to feel like the first time we met. I want to feel that feeling of butterflies in my tummy every time I look at my husband or when we kiss or Just by walking past each other. We are very happy and hardly ever argue but we've just grown so used to each other that we could just as well be friends with benefits! Any advice?How can I feel in love again after being married for four years?
yikes... 4 years??? that's not good... i've been married 12, and still feel all that...





guess you need to find something new for yourselves... god help you, if you have kids, that would really end the relationship..How can I feel in love again after being married for four years?
I believe you and your husband are still 'in love.' I sense that perhaps marriage life has just become monotonous for you. That's okay. First, it makes me happy to know that you both are very happy. The fact also that you both hardly argue tells me that there is good communication in this marriage. With that said, talk with him about how you are feeling, It will also be a an opportunity for him to share anything that he would be feeling. To be married today is definitely a challenge. I would encourage you to be creative and show him new ways of how you love him. Ask him out on a date : ) You both can get a new outfit, possibly a new haircut then go out for dinner/dancing. Send an ' I love you' balloon to him at work with a love letter. Try new things together, even old things that you both haven't done in awhile like rollerskating or catching a movie. Before people get married they go out of their way to look good, smell good and to just have fun. Then when they do get married it doesn't seem to be so important anymore yet it is. Sure, married life has its responsibilities,however,the sacrifice to stay happy, to stay in love is all worth it. P.s. take the time to kiss in new ways and throughout the day...the butterflies will come back. Wishing you and your husband many more years of a wonderful marriage.
My advice is to stop thinking of those kinds of feelings as the be-all end-all of what love means. Those feelings are meant to be temporary. Now is the time to develop a new kind of love: intimacy. This means talking and getting to know each other better, sharing feelings, and being honest and fully yourselves with each other. You are entering an exciting new phase of your marriage, if you only choose to look at it that way. Now is the time where emotions stop ruling you, and you instead get to choose consciously exactly what kind of a relationship you want to have with each other.
Take the initiative. Even if you don't want to, run up and kiss him when he comes home. Or make a smiley on a hamburger for him with pickles and mustard. Silly little things that will make him smile.





Little things like that are what keep butterflies going. People get lazy over the years. Take the initiative and after a while he'll start doing the same kind of things.





Making your spouse happy PURELY for the sake of making them happy is how a marriage stays hot.





A couple of months back my husband took a yellow post it note and turned it like a diamond and wrote ';HOTTIE ON BOARD'; in a marker and stuck it on the back window of my car. I was smiling about it for days. That took him what - 1 minute? A HUGE return on his investment.





At the very least, you have a great loving friendship to build on here to get the lust back in your marriage. It CAN be that way again.... but it's not going to just happen. Take charge and don't expect him to necessarily recirprocate right away.
Try this.





Leave the kids (if any) with a babysitter, somewhere else than your house for a few hours.


You both get ready as if you're going on a hot date; you get dressed up, buy a new pair of underwear for the occasion, he shaves, blah blah blah.





Then meet at the same bar or club, but arrive in different cars at slightly different times. Pretend you never met, pretend you don't know each other. Then find each other. Maybe he buys you a drink, maybe you buy him one. Get to know each other again. Ask each other questions, dance a little.





Then ask him if he wants to go to your place for ';coffee';.
Butterflies? Like on our first date? Being in love? Yes, let me assure you that these are dreams. Everyday life does not offer you these dreams. Get back to earth. This is Hollywood stuff. Everyday life is much more ordinary. You get along, spend time together and, once in a while, once in a great while, there is a moment when you or he will say something that reassures you that he/she cares. Then you are one of the lucky ones.





Relationships change with the years. The reason they change is because you change. The world becomes more ordinary and you just go on. Check out my source for more info on getting along.
What have YOU done lately to make your marriage more than just a roommate situation? Have you booked a weekend away to a romantic location and just given him clues such as pack a bag for the weekend??? It is up to YOU to put the excitement back into the relationship. If you start doing the little unexpected extras in the marriage, the spark begins to return.
Yep. New haircut, new clothes and try a new activity together (I know a couple who got motorcycles and ride together in good weather for pleasure); sounds like you need some fun in your life. Nothing like a good 'dress up' occasion (like a wedding) to make you feel that your mate is really attractive too - so go out somewhere fancy or even just a nice wedding.
Honestly, about the only time I start feeling like that anymore is when we make out. It's kind of like a mind over matter thing, lol. Like reminisce about when you two were first dating, how hot make-out sessions were (even before they just started leading to sex). I love it when we do that.





eta: I also agree with Happy-2. He's always got great advice!
Four years you should still feel in love with your husband. I say take a girls weekend with your friends and go do something fun. Then the couple of days away will make you miss your husband so when you get back you will be all over him.
yes I know what you mean . Its just not going to happen anymore . Im wanting same thing . I start to thiink of other women now and if it would I would still be in love it I had not married the one Im with now.
  • whitening cream
  • 1 comment:

    1. I was diagnose with genital warts since 2012 i have be taking lot treatment and all i got is outbreak. in 2015 I gave up the treatment because I can't continues wasting time and money on treatment at the end it will not cure me. about 6 weeks ago i did natural research online I had So many people talking good about natural remedy, after the research i was recommended to Dr onokun, And I wrote to him through his email and told him my problem after some conversations with him he gave me natural treatment after 1 week Dr onokun treated me i got cured permanently. and i went to see my doc he confirmed that the diseases has gone out from my body. every patients should know there is 100% natural hpv cure. contact Dr onokun his email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

      ReplyDelete