Saturday, January 23, 2010

My brothers getting married, and I have to make a toast. What would be an appropriate thing to say?

What are some appropriate things to say in my toast?My brothers getting married, and I have to make a toast. What would be an appropriate thing to say?
Anything positive about the bride and groom and their marriage. Nothing negative obviously...don't talk about bad memories or ex's, or sex and you'll be fine. I was at a wedding a couple weeks ago, and one thing that the best man did was, at the beginning of his speech was ask the groom to place his hand over the brides...he then continued on with his speech, and when he was done he said ';I bet you are wondering why I asked the groom to place his hands over the brides....well (grooms name), I hope you enjoyed the last five minutes, because it is the last time you will ever have the upper hand.';





He got a lot of laughs out of that one and it ended the speech on a high note. The MOH ended her speech with something about the groom finally ';parking his car in her garage.'; Which was a reference to their sex lives, and the reaction was a mix between laughter, awkward laughter, and shock. I personally found it tasteless, their grandparents were in the room! But, I admit, I nervously laughed along with everyone else.My brothers getting married, and I have to make a toast. What would be an appropriate thing to say?
The following site has fill-in-the-blank templates for the best man and family members, you can download. You might find something here:





http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=122732鈥?/a>
Congratulations wish you all the best and may you have a happy and healthy marriage and life together. Also you may wanna throw in some sentimental brother stuff, beware of the tears tho.. lol GL
Talk about how he met his bride and how beautiful she looks and how happy they are together and wish them well. Don't mention other relationships, his bad habits or the bachelor party. Cheers!
Just say what is in your Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment