Thursday, January 21, 2010

How long does it takes for a person to become a legal citizen in the US if they are married to a legal citizn?

I have a friend who impregnated a woman in a different country. They got married because he wanted his child to have a better life here. She came over here with their daughter in February of 2007 but they have been married since February of 2006. How long will it take for her to be able to legally stay here, if they divorce?How long does it takes for a person to become a legal citizen in the US if they are married to a legal citizn?
This couple can, of course, divorce any time they want to.





As for the wife's possibility of citizenship, she must first qualify for the ten-year unconditional green card, which she can only do after they have been married for at least two years. Then, as the spouse of a US citizen, she can apply for citizenship after they have been married for three years. If they divorce before she gets the ten-year card, she will lose her legal status in the US. If they divorce before she acquires citizenship, she will have to wait until she has been a green card holder for five years, then apply for naturalization.How long does it takes for a person to become a legal citizen in the US if they are married to a legal citizn?
up to 3 years sometimes.
IF YOUR FRIEND IS A U.S. CITIZEN THEN THE CHILD BECOMES AUTOMATICALLY A U.S. CITIZEN BUT THE WOMAN THAT HE MARRIED TO CAN APPLY FOR U.S. CITIZENSHIP THREE YEARS TO THE DATE OF THEIR MARRIAGE, GO TO WWW.USCIS.GOV AND LOOK FOR FORM I-130
It will never happen. If they get divorced the immigration officials will be present when she signs the final divorce decree, and she will be arrested for fraud and deported.
I know someone who just went through it they were married feb 2003 started the process and just barely completed everything.
Hmmm?

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnose with genital warts since 2012 i have be taking lot treatment and all i got is outbreak. in 2015 I gave up the treatment because I can't continues wasting time and money on treatment at the end it will not cure me. about 6 weeks ago i did natural research online I had So many people talking good about natural remedy, after the research i was recommended to Dr onokun, And I wrote to him through his email and told him my problem after some conversations with him he gave me natural treatment after 1 week Dr onokun treated me i got cured permanently. and i went to see my doc he confirmed that the diseases has gone out from my body. every patients should know there is 100% natural hpv cure. contact Dr onokun his email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete