Sunday, January 17, 2010

Is filing for bankruptcy affect my wife whenever I get married?

I wanted to file for a bankruptcy, but I wanted to get married soon. I wanted to know what are the best things that I can do before I will get married. I don't want my future wife to have those bad records that I have had before.Is filing for bankruptcy affect my wife whenever I get married?
Her personal credit report will not show the bankruptcy because it will have been done before you're married (make sure the bankruptcy is finalized/discharged before marrying her). However, since the bankruptcy will affect your credit negatively, it will indirectly affect her as well -- because if you go to buy a house or a car or get a loan together, your bad credit may keep you both from being able to do that (even though she may have great credit).Is filing for bankruptcy affect my wife whenever I get married?
Your bankruptcy will affect any future joint loan requests that you and your wife may make together.





While this does not directly affect her credit, if it is a loan where both of your incomes may be needed to for qualification (such as buying a house), then you may have some serious problems.
  • great makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment