Sunday, January 17, 2010

Can a married couple file separate if they've always filed jointly?

We've filed taxes jointly for the past 7 years. Can we do so separately this year?Can a married couple file separate if they've always filed jointly?
There is no reason why you cannot legally file your taxes separately. It is your right for the benefit of tax credits or otherwise to file either way.





Unless you're separated but still married, your taxes are likely to be alot higher if you file separately.Can a married couple file separate if they've always filed jointly?
yes





***


why you'd want to I do not know and yes, you can file as ';married, filing separately'; -- the taxes are higher than if you'd never gotten married at all.





oh
Yes. You don't HAVE to file jointly but you'll lose tax advantages by doing so. If you have a situation where you're trying to protect one spouse from indebtedness of another, check into filing jointly but also filing for Innocent Spouse Relief.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnose with genital warts since 2012 i have be taking lot treatment and all i got is outbreak. in 2015 I gave up the treatment because I can't continues wasting time and money on treatment at the end it will not cure me. about 6 weeks ago i did natural research online I had So many people talking good about natural remedy, after the research i was recommended to Dr onokun, And I wrote to him through his email and told him my problem after some conversations with him he gave me natural treatment after 1 week Dr onokun treated me i got cured permanently. and i went to see my doc he confirmed that the diseases has gone out from my body. every patients should know there is 100% natural hpv cure. contact Dr onokun his email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete