Thursday, January 21, 2010

When dating or married to the opposite sex, do you think it's more important to understand your partner or?

to know that their differences have value even if you have no idea where they are coming from?When dating or married to the opposite sex, do you think it's more important to understand your partner or?
Finding a compatible partner is one of the bigger challenges out there, and it's impossible to fully understand them. For instance, my husband tolerates the fact that I enjoy, in spite of myself, Project Runway and will even sit and watch with me. Which of course means that when he's watching Man U vs Liverpool, I'm stuck in the living room with him and trying to get interested in the incessant running up and down the field. What motivates his love of soccer? No idea. What motivates my love of fashion? He's clueless. But, and here's the key part - we're both willing to accept and compromise for each other, and if there's an issue bigger then what to watch on cable tonight, we talk it out. Understand your partner's hot buttons, needs, wants, and motivations as much as humanly possible and make sure that they understand yours - never, EVER assume a man will notice a not-so-subtle hint!When dating or married to the opposite sex, do you think it's more important to understand your partner or?
I sat and thunked and I couldn't decide. Both are really important in a relationship! You need to understand your spouse, but you also need to respect their differences and value them even when you don't know where they're coming from. I can't decide which is more vital though. Not understanding them leads to serious frustration and misunderstandings. Not respecting their differences makes for a very one-sided relationship that probably won't last (and will be miserable). Which is worse?
Differences can make a relationship stronger - if they are capitalized upon...





I think its vital to go into a marriage with the understanding that your partner is different, and comes to the relationship via a different path. Valuing those differences and appreciating their path is vital for a mature and respectful relationship. In so doing - you will accomplish both the choices you offer....
Depends if you want a peaceful or unpeaceful relationship. But for a peaceful relationship to exist, I think it is important for both parties in the relationship to understand each other. Each of us are unique in our own way(s) and merging these uniqueness into one is absolutely on a different level. A level where both parties must gain and value the fact that in order to keep the relationship healthy? They must mesh together.It's not any more ';Your way or My way'; but now Our way. A whole different unique lifestyle on an advanced level.
To understand. If I'm in a relationship with someone then I want a partner, a friend, not a stranger I don't understand. I'm quite similar to my boyfriend in many ways and I like that we can empathise with each other.
I don't think I would ever understand someone completely. Nobody can really. I believe tolerance and acceptance to be vital for a good relationship though and therefore yes yes yes on the second part of your question.
I think your point is well taken. Both would be preferable, but to acknowledge one's differences and values is important.
Yes, communication and understanding each other is key.
Both.





Try to understand each other; accept what you can't.
i have never seen a woman before.
Yes I agree.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnose with genital warts since 2012 i have be taking lot treatment and all i got is outbreak. in 2015 I gave up the treatment because I can't continues wasting time and money on treatment at the end it will not cure me. about 6 weeks ago i did natural research online I had So many people talking good about natural remedy, after the research i was recommended to Dr onokun, And I wrote to him through his email and told him my problem after some conversations with him he gave me natural treatment after 1 week Dr onokun treated me i got cured permanently. and i went to see my doc he confirmed that the diseases has gone out from my body. every patients should know there is 100% natural hpv cure. contact Dr onokun his email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete