Saturday, January 23, 2010

How is being married and living together so different?

When kids are born does that not become part of our legal system and when you split up does that become part of our legal system?How is being married and living together so different?
COMMITTMENT -


To me it says: ';';I value you enough as a person to commit my time and attention to your needs and I expect the same from you.';';How is being married and living together so different?
A married couple has for purposes of law made their union 'official' in the eyes of the Government.





There are many more protections as far as inheritance, taxes, etc. for a married couple.
I think getting married is more romantic- knowing the risks (legally, financially, etc) you're still willing to jump in.





Living together seems ';fake'; to me- you're just pretending to have a committed relationship but there's no risk. If it doesn't work out, you can just go your separate ways, have a nice day.
LOL! Being married is doing things the legal and proper way. Living together is like 'illegally' crossing the border. No commitment and no obligations with all the benefits. Of course having kids can change that. But having them as relationship anchors seldom works.
The only difference to me is a piece of paper and tax and insurance privileges.





I lived with my husband before we got married for 2 years and there is no difference to me. As long as you make a commitment to stay with that person and they make the same commitment to you, that is all that matters.
The vow makes them different. For those few people who only make vows they intend to keep, marriage is a commitment that no matter what happens they will stick together. Living together can be more romantic because there is no commitment and the simple act of coming home in the evening is a choice made. When both partners are honest, marriage is an agreement that the former is preferred over that latter. For such a couple, there is no splitting up after a marriage; the wording of the vow eliminates the possibility of anything other than marriage until death.





Living together means that if you no longer want to live together, you simply move on , grateful for the experience. Marriage means if you no longer want to live together you are stuck, so you have to work together to understand what happened; you have to repair the relationship. Many people lose sight of this difference, and it does require both partners to believe it.





Many people take wedding vows knowing that legally there is an out. They don't seem to pay attention to the words they are saying to each other.





My personal recommendation is to take a wedding vow very seriously. It is a very clearly stated promise. If you are not 100% committed to any promise, don't make it. If you do make it, then mean it.





Both are wonderful institutions, but they should not be confused.
Why is this question in Immigration?
It's not. It's just that the big ';marriage'; idea is there, like it's more of a commitment or something, but if the couple is fully committed, marriage isn't really that necessary. It all depends on the relationship, sometimes marriage is just a way to represent the commitment that was already there, and isn't necessary for it to be there in the first place.
living together sex is better
Being married is not only a way to legalize your union but to be together in the eyes of God as one is also very important to me, too. It says you are willing to be with that person for life and not just if it's convenient. I'm not a spring chicken but in my day, in polite society, living together was called living in sin. Not accepted!

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnose with genital warts since 2012 i have be taking lot treatment and all i got is outbreak. in 2015 I gave up the treatment because I can't continues wasting time and money on treatment at the end it will not cure me. about 6 weeks ago i did natural research online I had So many people talking good about natural remedy, after the research i was recommended to Dr onokun, And I wrote to him through his email and told him my problem after some conversations with him he gave me natural treatment after 1 week Dr onokun treated me i got cured permanently. and i went to see my doc he confirmed that the diseases has gone out from my body. every patients should know there is 100% natural hpv cure. contact Dr onokun his email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete