Thursday, January 21, 2010

I am getting married tomorrow and i forgot to pick up my marriage license. What can i do?

the place isn't open on the weekends. we our leaving on our honeymoon sunday morning. can i still get the license when we come back?I am getting married tomorrow and i forgot to pick up my marriage license. What can i do?
No :( You can't married without the license.





Maybe you can still have the ceremony (assuming it will be religious), and then when you come back you'll just have to get married again at the justice of peace. But it won't be validated without the license.I am getting married tomorrow and i forgot to pick up my marriage license. What can i do?
Go ahead with the ceremony and pick the license up later. Ask them when you pick it up if you can't go ahead and put a past date on there as the official date of your marriage. I don't know if they will go along with that, but usually the preacher signs the license after the ceremony and mails it back to the courthouse where they file it and then mail you a copy. If they can't use the date of your ceremony then get the preacher to put a current date on there for the date of your marriage. Then I guess you will just have to celebrate your anniversary on a different day than when your ceremony was. I am no expert or anything, but I don't see why they wont let you go ahead and use the date of the ceremony as your wedding date for the license. Try it and see how it turns out. Good luck with this and with your marriage. =)
You can get the license when you come back, but you'll need to say your vows again.





You cannot get married without a marriage license. If you want to have a ceremony tomorrow like you planned that's fine, but it will not be a legal wedding. (You don't have to tell your friends and family that.)





When you get back, get the marriage license and hire a JP (justice of the peace) to do a private ceremony for you -- they'll do it for like $50. Have your JP sign the marriage license, and then they will send it in the the town hall. Within 2 weeks you can pick up your copy of the marriage certificate, and you'll be all set.





Good luck, and so sorry.
I can't imagine forgetting to pick up the ,marriage license knowing


that you were getting married , Im sure ahead of this date ..


I doubt very much you will get it now , and without it you can' get


married ..I am assuming that you are young . both of you .


Im sorry but one of you should have thought about the important


thing as the license ... Its possible you might still be able to


marry , but my thoughts are no .


Please have more respect and more responsibility ...
You can get the document sign later. In Kansas, there's a 30 day period the license is good for to be registered. Check your state web site. The document is not what makes you married, except in a legal sense, it's your testimony before witnesses of your commitment to each other. May I suggest a book to help you afterward.





The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands


Dr. Laura Schlessinger


http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Proper-鈥?/a>
Depends how how fast your county clerk's office works, I got my marriage license in about 3 hours, well at least the documents needed to be signed and sent back.
ummmmmm......welllll..... how exactly do you forget that??????????


i mean havnt you been planing this?


im PRETTY sure you cant get married with out it...........
I suppose so. For a moment, I though you were lucky.
What a bone head mistake,lol yes go threw with wedding . when you get back youll have to re marry at the court house.
my god what ever u do dont get married

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnose with genital warts since 2012 i have be taking lot treatment and all i got is outbreak. in 2015 I gave up the treatment because I can't continues wasting time and money on treatment at the end it will not cure me. about 6 weeks ago i did natural research online I had So many people talking good about natural remedy, after the research i was recommended to Dr onokun, And I wrote to him through his email and told him my problem after some conversations with him he gave me natural treatment after 1 week Dr onokun treated me i got cured permanently. and i went to see my doc he confirmed that the diseases has gone out from my body. every patients should know there is 100% natural hpv cure. contact Dr onokun his email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete