Friday, January 15, 2010

How do I tell my fiance that I want to have marrage counceling before we are married?

I'm divorced but this will be his first marrage. The minister that performed my last ceremony had a rule that you had to do counceling with him first. But we won't use him. And I want real counceling. I know he doesn't want to do this how do I show him that I love him and can't wait to be his wife but I just want to work through some things so our marrage can be better?How do I tell my fiance that I want to have marrage counceling before we are married?
Lovely Lady 27, just tell him the same thing that you wrote here. Explain your fears and thoughts in an open minded and mature manner and hopefully he will see things clearly and not take offensive. If necessary let him know that you have gone through a bad time before and are just trying to ensure that history does not repeat itself. Whatever you two decide best of luck to you both on your marriage. May it be happy and long lasting.How do I tell my fiance that I want to have marrage counceling before we are married?
I think you are very smart to want to seek premarital counseling. He needs this prob more than you since you have been there and done that.





keep in mind that if you cannot talk to him openly and directly about ANYTHING and vice versa, then you should not got married.





#2 cause for divorce - in effective communication.


(#1 is sexual incompatibility, #3 financial issues).
just tell him. this is the man you're going to marry and i doubt this will be the hardest thing you'll eve have to tell him, so if you cant ask about this, there is a problem.





i told my fiance that i want couple's counseling before we get married, and he said that he didn't want to, but will because he loves me.





we actually never went because my insurance doesnt cover it.





besides, we're fine now. just problems we had when we first had our baby.
Tell him what you just said, why are you trying to beat around the bush. If you can't even talk to him about something like this, you shouldn't be getting married. There has to be open communication between both parties. You have got to be honest and put it on the table.
Be honest. Tell him that you are concerned about your previous marriage and making the same mistakes. After all, you've seen the pitfalls.





And if he's not supportive of your need for this, how supportive is he in other areas of your life....?
Just tell him what you told us. There is nothing wrong with communicating with someone who you are going to spend the rest of your life with. Trust me. Open communication is a good thing between a couple. So, just swallow hard and tell him. He needs to know how you feel.
I personally don't think you require counseling before you say ';I do';. If you are having issues that you two can't communicate through now, then you have no business getting married.



If you're asking a bunch of strangers how to talk to your fiance you shouldn't get married.
most ministers use that rule. if he wants to marry via minister, he'll have to do it.
just tell him. He has to respect you for it. Being you already been through 1 marriage I can see where your coming from, wanting to get it right this time!!
Just be straightforward and tell him. Pre Marrige counsloing is great Idea, and worh it.
Just be straightforward and tell him. There's no better way to get a point accross then to just be honest about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment