Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What do married couples do to keep marriage interesting?

I have been married for 2 years and 8 months ( and I talked to him before marriage for approx. 5 months)... and I find that I am getting bored in this marriage... We go outside alone, the same old thing. There is nothing to do... does this feel like this because we have no children? I`m not talking about getting bored sexually, but there is nothing to do with him. I just want time and space away from my husband, I like him very much... WHAT does this mean?? What do married couples do?What do married couples do to keep marriage interesting?
when we start to feel bored we go on a mini vacation somewhere not far and rekindle what sparked our interest in each other in the first place. a nice candle lit dinner walk in the moonlight hand in hand. you have got yourself in such a routine that it feels boring. be daring and off the cuff .have a midnight picnic at the lake something away from cell phones tv and internet. this does not mean you have to have sex it just means you just need to talk as if you were friends and not lovers and forget the fact that you are married for a little while .if you still feel like you need some time away then hook up with some girl friends and have a girls weekend .this helps but no guys this will only interfere with your relationship and while your away try not thinking about him and see how long it takes you to start missing him and if these don't help seek counseling.What do married couples do to keep marriage interesting?
Marriage is work. You can't just get married, move in together and let it go. You have to constantly try new things, talk to each other, surprise each other, and get involved in activities that you both enjoy. The greatest thing you can do is be spontaneous. But you also have to realize that there will be an element of sameness, that is the security part. Children do give you other things to focus on, but if you have lost touch with each other it will only drive you farther apart. They don't cure a rocky marriage. You might also benefit from having other friends and short times apart so that you appreciate the time you are together. It is hard to tell from the few details that you provided.
`You're not alone. My marriage is the same age as yours and if not for the baby between us that is keeping me busy and lively. I can't imagine how boring my relationship would have been. Many a times i thought maybe is because of the baby that my relationship with my husband is like that. But i think relationship are tend to be that way, especially when you're married, you see negative side of your spouse more which might not interest you. As a result you feel like opting out. It depends on how well you can nourish your relationship that will keep you going. Every marriage is complete with a child/children. I think you should consider having one. Mind you with or without a child you should live happily together for marriage is meant to be enjoyed not endure. Try and improve in all aspect of life; be there if his talking politics, sports, geography and current affairs, and be more active together(doing things together). I wish you the best in all your endeavors
If you feel this way, don't go having children as an effort to save the relationship - you'll strain it further and when/if the split happens, kids make it more comlicated and painful.





I've been married for twenty years and the one most important thing we do is not spend every minute together. We share part of our time together but not every dumb detail.





I've always said that only boring people get bored. If you're not excited about your mate, well, maybe you had unrealistic expectations from the beginning? It's not his job to keep you entertained, and not your responsibility to tend to his every little detail.
This is why you gat to know someone more than 5 months before you marry. My husband and I were together 5 1/2 years before we got married, and we've been married 2 1/2/...we don't take ourselves too seriously. We are best frinds and laugh A LOT, with each other and at each other. When you can't find humor in yourselves, it's down hill from there. We go on vacation at least once a year. Even if it's a weekend at the beach. We have friends over frequently and throw parties and it's not like we're rich. We also do our own thing as individuals, because we were individuals before we got together. Sometimes he joins me, sometimes I join him. If nothing works, try counseling. Many universities offer free counseling from graduating students if you cannot afford to pay for counseling or if your insurance won't cover it. Hope it helps!
I think you need to sit down and have a serious talk about this. Be open and explain how you feel. Maybe a marriage counselor might help. If you go to church, talk to your pastor. Check out some books about marriage... maybe on line you can find some info about this subject. I'm married 23 years and believe me, if you don't work at it, you will get divorced. DON';T have children now. Fix the marriage first. Kids DON';T help the situation. Good luck and Happy New Year!
a romantic picnic in the park.


and candle lit dinner in a romantic resturant.


try new things sexually, ask him about his fantasies.


cheap and oh so simply underrated - i'm a city girl and hate walking but going with my boyfriend is such an unbelievable, beautiful way to get to know each other better and its so magical just holding hands even if its only little you may start to feel how you used to about him when you first went out!


try activities like horse-riding or cycling, something you have a common interest in?


my parents love sailing and when they were dating they used to meet up every weekend to go windsurfing and they would drive down the beach.


be imaginative, be impulsive, be together.
No, you would be aggravated if you had children. Marriage is just something that was made up so people would be stuck together instead of living freely. Then they buy a house %26amp; have kids %26amp; it keeps people stuck instead of free. I have been married 32 years. I have a son who is 30 %26amp; he has no intentions of getting married. He is free to do what he wants for his career or travel, etc. Everyone gets bored to death with the same person after a while. It is just human nature.
take up new hobbies! my husband is teaching me to mountain bike ride right now, and it's great. we get to have fun together and spur each other on to try new things. go travelling together. try new things. meet new people. also, have individual friends too, so you are not always tripping over each other at home.





if you make an interesting life, you can have an interesting marriage. learning and trying new things is great. as is date night. set aside one night each week to go out for dinner or something you enjoy and just spend time together talking. me and my hubby do these things, and 6 years into our marriage, could not be happier.
Build a home (which is not a house).


Raise a pet.


Pursue separate interests if exist.


Exercise together.


Much of life happens when there's nothing to do; be aware marriage


is not an isolation from boredom.


Listen to John Lennon's ';Double Fantasy'; CD, his songs (not Yoko's)


will tell you much about what is marriage.
yikes, you're in trouble. I've known my wife since 1989. We were married in 1997. I don't think I've ever had a day where I felt bored with her intellectually or sexually speaking. I'm not sure we do anything special to keep it interesting, but we are both very rebellious and creative.
Everyday is interesting. The water leaks so we have to fix that, the snow needs to be plowed so we fix that...Wait, the dog just vomited so I have to clean that up...SO yeah life is interesting.


As much as I LOVE my husband I do need breathing room of my own.





I love the Tv show monk, so will watch tv while my husband is online or visa versa.
Best friends make the best husbands. You didn't have a friendship developed before marriage. All u have is good sex. Your marriage won't last. It sounds like all u have is sex. terrible!


Do NOT have children cuz if things are bad already kids will make it worse. you should've married a man that u had things in common with such as u both loving sports or hiking. u both sound like boring people.
I'm not sure as my partner and I have all the same interests.... Horseriding, our farm, etc. We never run out of things to do. We love it when the children are out and about as we get together time. My ex-husband and I had no interests in common..... this was one of the major factors why we didn't work. Find some common interests, that's my suggestion. If you can't, then I think you have some issues.
';like him'; don't u mean ';love him';


anyway look the marriage is boring because u made boring u let it get boring this is ur life take some control and some fun u need to go out with ur husband and do things u've never done before travel the world bungie jump. try being a kid again show him a new world and find it with him
It means nothing, probably. Sometimes I get that way, I need my space and so does every female on the planet I'm sure, but try doing some activities and things you enjoy to keep your mind off your problems via called distraction. Good luck.
sometimes a fight does help and sometimes it doesn't. Do something new, something you have never done together. I would try something exciting. Maybe you could become a certified scuba diver with him. But that's a bit expensive. Just do something fun that you will BOTH like.
I noticed that you said you LIKE him very much, you didnt say LOVE. That indicates to me that there is something deeper going on. Maybe you guys should try marriage counseling to get to the root of your issues.
My husband and i do a lot of things like watch sports together,go fishing,take walks,play board/card games,cuddle on the couch watching movies.





We have never gotten bored with each other.
I think you too should start finding interest in what the other person likes to do. You have interests he doesnt like and he has interests you dont like. How about comprising and showing show interest in those things. It might help. it might not, but it might not hurt
try having fun





go to basketball games , football anywhere he might like.


eat out and act like your 18 :P


just go out!
have children then.


or you can take a short vacation together.


watch tv at night together.


movies, romantic dinners.
you both need your space its vital to your marriage lasting so he plays golf and you go shopping with friends. But no strip clubs and such which men do VERY often when they lie to their other halfs and say theyre doing other things
try not to always be together...hang out with your friend or go out as couples that way you guys will always have something new to talk about...also change up the sex try new things
haha. fighting keeps things interesting.
Sphincter wrestling. :)
don't know lady. talk to him. communication is key.
i think yall got married too early.. 5 months???? dats too soon.. but i think yall should take couple classes.. do fun things together
have a second honeymoon
Marijuana
drugs


start out with prescription painkillers


eventually work your way up to heroin
  • mark cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment