Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I am married to a woman in who lives in the philippines, can I claim her on my taxes?

I am in the process of trying to bring her to the US but just started this.I am married to a woman in who lives in the philippines, can I claim her on my taxes?
If you are legally married and you are paying for her living expenses you may but, I would call the IRS or go on their website to find the ans. It gets complicated and you don't want them gettin in your stuff two yrs. from now and telling you no, you did the wrong thing. Of course having a good tax person is the best thing you can have. Not H%26amp;R Block. Find someone that has beed doing it fo a long time and who does business taxes as well. We used to have to pay all the time, got a great lady and she always gets us money back or we pay very little. Ao, be wise there. OK?I am married to a woman in who lives in the philippines, can I claim her on my taxes?
If it is a legal marriage (married in the United States) and you are proving over half her support......





Best to go to the irs website and email them the question. She may need a social security number before you can claim her.


With the IRS it's always best to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment