Friday, January 15, 2010

How long before i apply for my citizenship/married to a marine?

today i got my passport punched and the immigration officer told me i have a temprary residence for 2 years. Then she told me i can apply for my citizenship once i have been married for at least 3 years. My husband is in the armed service so the process went pretty fast since i started doing everything this march and i already have my temporary residence. I have heard that i do not have to wait so long since my husband is in the marines is this true? Will i get my permanent residence soon too?How long before i apply for my citizenship/married to a marine?
You now have conditional permanent residence. The conditional status can be removed after two years. The form to do so is I-751. You can find it and instructions at


uscis.gov. If your husband is or will be stationed abroad, you may also be eligible for expedited naturalization. You will find


information on that also at uscis.gov.How long before i apply for my citizenship/married to a marine?
3 years until you can apply for your citizenship. The fact he's a Marine doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment