Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is getting married now too young of an age?

I'm 21 and recently got out of a 2 year relationship and I'm a little heartbroken. I have a ton of friends in serisous relationships who are talking about getting married within the next year or too. I feel like that's so young! They make me feel so behind! Am I? Do you think 21 -22 is too young to marry?Is getting married now too young of an age?
You are right. Both men AND women should be at least 25 before getting married. By age 25, most of us have worked past most of our petty issues like jealousy, control, clinginess, etc. that tend to poison marriages.





That's not to say you can't have a successful marriage if you marry young, but the odds are WAY better if you wait.





PS - I'm really sorry you've had your heart broken. Most of us have been through it, and there's not much worse pain that that. However - and trust me on this - it will make you better off when it comes to future relationships. Every relationship we have teaches us something about ourselves. The more intense the relationship, the more important the lesson.





IMO everyone should have dumped someone AND been dumped at least once before even considering marriage.Is getting married now too young of an age?
If you and the person you are with are comfortable then I don't see why marriage should be of need at that sort of age. Besides, its just a piece of paper, and if two people love eachother enough I don't there should be a problem with waiting until the right moment.





Don't feel pressured to go and find someone and tie the knot just because you friends are doing it. Enjoy your single life while you can. Every relationship doesn't have to be a long one.
YES YES YES!!!!





I think that only in rare cases can marriage at such a young age actually be a healthy thing. I thought I was with the guy I was gonna marry at that age but it turned out that I didn't really know myself well enough to know what I wanted or who I was. It is soooooo important to grow on your own and become independent and self aware....really get to know yourself before you even attempt to get serious in a relationship. It has actually been proven that the healthiest, longest lasting relationships happen when the people involved are truly independent from the get go.
In my opinion 21 is too young to go into marriage, unless you have had all the single person's ';fun'; and really wish to spend your life with one person, some can some can't we are not all alike. I married at 21 but in my case it was suggested and I went along with it after knowing her for only 12 months and only seeing her for a few days at a time due to us being at war, fortunately I feel I could never have found anyone more suited to me, but it could easily have been the other way.
there is no right or wrong age, as long as you are in love. the problem is, people think that you are making a mistake when you get married young because some people think you are rushing, or just being hasty, r maybe because you don't know them well enough. that isn't always right.


try and be supportive of your friend. she needs support. getting prepared for a wedding, and marriage in general is tough. just try to give her advice, and make little hits about how you are wondering if she is rushing. be discreet.


you are still young, and not at all behind. give it time. love will come. some people are married at 16, some are married at 80. it doesn't matter as long you are in love.
i think it really depends on the person, the type of couple they are etc but that age would be too young for me.


why rush into it? if their sure they'll b together for life why don't they just have a long engagement.


at a young age you have so much to experience that may not always follow the course of a relationship, but if you are lucky to find the right person dont rush into it either...
it really depends on the realtionship they have and the way they feel


but it is a little young to get married...





i mean im not 21 but from what my friends and family that have been married young tell me, they believe that it is much harder because they were still very young and didnt really have a chance to experience life...
no i don't think that u need to get married look ur young you still need to party and you only have been with him two years ill say if you were with him like 5 or 6 idk but 21 is young but if you really love him it depends. You should not feel behind because that's them and not you. dont worry youll regret it when youre older that you married too young trust me.
everyone does things at different ages. I got married at 18, everyone said i was too young, but i wanted to do it anyway. i didn't feel i was too young. anywho i dont regret it, but i wish it didn't happen, you live and you learn! we separated when i was 20, and wow.. still waiting for him to sign the papers 4 years later. its a big mess and a big headache, for me and my bf of two years who are expecting a baby together!
You have so much more in life ahead of you to experience to get married so early. You might be holding yourself back from something better that you haven't yet discovered. Believe me, you arn't behind. Besides, those who get married that early are also often more likely to get divorced.
Everything will come in it's own good time for each person. Don't feel the need to keep up with everybody else. You may find (and most likely WILL find) that 50% or more of those getting married soon will be divorcing at the time you might be considering being married. Believe me...NO reason to rush this idea. ';Good things come to those who wait'; is true.
Depends on who you are. If you are that age and feel like it's too young, then wait around. There isn't anything wrong with getting married if you're 100% sure of what you're doing. But if you aren't? Then it's a terrible idea.
I think both people bring more to the relationship if they are a little older with more life experiences. I think too often people who get married too early grow apart because they weren't grown up to start with.
They will be ahead of you in divorces too- live your twenties.





Answer mine please? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
Yeah, by the time they are 25 or 26 they'll be divorced and broke from getting divorced and you'll be rich and fabulous with an amazing boyfriend and they'll be so jealous of you.
Based on my own experience I think that for most people 21-22 is too young. Don't worry: life isn't passing you by; mid-twenties is better.
It's less an issue of the right or wrong age, and more an issue of the right or wrong person.
yea their idiots! lol jk i mean if their in love ok. but take advantage that your single have fun meet alot of ppl then settle down trust me take advantage that your still young and single
Yes, I think that you should be at least 25.
People are doing it but I do think it's too young.
my mom got married when she was 12 so i think youve waited long enough.
if you think its to young then its to young for you.just enjoy yourself.x
it depends if your friends what a real family with the other half then no its not young...
SORT OF BUT GO AHEAD =]

No comments:

Post a Comment