Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What paperwork would be sufficient showing that I'm the custodial parent when I was not married to the father?

I got married recently and my husband is in the military. We are applying for on-post housing and one of the paperwork I need is custodial papers but I was never married to my son's father. I am currently receiving child support from him and I receive a montly child support statement. Would that be enough?What paperwork would be sufficient showing that I'm the custodial parent when I was not married to the father?
I have no custody order or child support order with my son's father...we were never married, we get along great and have always only needed a statement from him as to where my child lives, what he pays in support etc...You may only need the support order and his birth certificate however if you and his father get along ask him for a statement in regards to your son living with you full time, that there is no custody order but he pays X amount per month etc, having this statement comes in handy with schools etc as well.What paperwork would be sufficient showing that I'm the custodial parent when I was not married to the father?
You will need to request the actual order. Call the Child Support people and ask where you can obtain a copy of the order if you have lost the original. This will cost per page. Ask for the page detailing custodial and non custodial parent.
Call the county court house, they will be able to assist you.
yes it should be along side the child's birth certificate

No comments:

Post a Comment